Wednesday, January 14, 2009
"There’s a trick to the “graceful exit.” It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship is over — and let it go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its validity or its past importance to our lives. It involves a sense of future, a belief that every exit line is an entry, that we are moving up, rather than out."
Well said, Ellen Goodman.
Anyway, these manic, sleepless nights have caught up with me and here I am, wide awake, and all ready to rise and shine at 7am later. It's only a matter of time, til the dark rings engulf the rest of my face.
We had to settle for 3rd for the Captain's Ball. T'was disappointing, but it'll suffice, despite the fact that the group chemistry was a tad off, and despite the violent shoves I got throughout the matches. Not to mention the biased referees. Sprained my left toe in the end too. And received abrasions on my left leg.
The weekend has been wack; in a bad way, and I foresee predicamental weekdays ahead for at least the next fortnight. Therefore, I'm counting on Sundays to make me smile.
Anyway, again, maternal instincts (or should I say desires?) come kicking in when it dawned upon me that I know that there will be at least 6 newborns coming my way this year. And looking at the baby clothes at Gap and Old Navy make me want to instantly grow a baby girl right out of me just so that I can dress her up. Insanely pathetic, but do blame it on the lack of sleep. Image heavy, but only because I've nothing to do. And this is just Gap! Old Navy next. I'm doing a spree for Old Navy, fyi. 10% off everything!
Next time, a wishful entry for the boy(s) for sure.

Because filial piety is important; and needs to be nurtured since young. And because syurga di bawah tapak kaki ibu! Haha.

Okay fine, in that case he'll have a fair share of attention too.









Labels: insomniac procrastinator
X O X O; 1:03 am